How Should a Tankini Top Fit?
How Should a Tankini Top Fit?
Learn how a tankini top should fit for maximum comfort and wearability! Discover all you need to know in this quick guide.
Tankinis are a sleek and stylish alternative to the barely there bikini or the bandeau. They are effortlessly cool and have that classic (but not basic) vintage vibe that lets you customize and accessorize your wardrobe with ease. Having a dependable and cute separate means a great deal more now than it ever has. Your tankini now serves as the lynchpin of Fall fashion.
To ensure your tankini’s fabulous and comfortable fit, consider the following:
- Shop for your shape – If you have a thin frame, consider a boat neck style like our Tiffany two-piece. Bold colors are a great choice if you are wondering, "what bathing suit color is right for me?". In addition, a feminine fit will highlight your best features and will enhance your natural figure without making you look boxed out. If you are curvy, consider our Halle for a stunning cross-body style that is as flattering from the front as from the back. Super effective for accentuating strong and graceful shoulders, the Halle is our pick for vintage-inspired visible midriff realness.
- Seek support – Our two-pieces are available from each distinctive modest swimwear collection. If you have a petite bust, try the separates from our Movement Collection to ensure you can live and move with minimal restriction. If you appreciate a bit more support, the modest tankinis in our Shape Collection offer full chest coverage, removable moldable cups, and an attached shelf bra that smooth and polish for a feminine and comfortable fit. Our Sculpt Collection includes good quality tankinis that provide compressive structure that will elevate, enhance, and flatter your silhouette. Check out our guide on how to buy a swimsuit online so you can find the perfect suit!
- Seize the day – Whether you are collaborating with your colleagues in your cubicle or showing up shoreside for surf + turf, tankinis are your best bet for all day comfort. The moment you are ready to close up your closet on that summertime mood, shift your wardrobe into high gear with cute separates that speak volumes. The tankini is a perfect piece that lets you style an OOTD that is supremely simple AND sophisticated.
- Sort out your size -- Your tankini needs to rest on your radiant skin without pinching or squeezing your shape. Check the placement of the straps and sleeves to ensure seams aren’t pressing on or irritating your skin. Some of the least restrictive tankinis are true to size, while separates with more structure run small. Even if you size down to secure all the things, you still need to breathe and move with confidence AND comfort. Tankinis should stay in place without requiring you to make constant adjustments, especially when you are learning how to get sand out of a bathing suit.
The two-piece separates in Hermoza’s line of women's swimwear will have you channeling all kinds of flashback fashion statements. Our fearless Hermozas are ready to take on anything with style when they pair their tankinis with slacks, skirts, shorts, and more.
- We love our bold Hermozas who wear their super cute tankinis to channel their inner rock star. Paired with distressed dark denim, a flannel, and combat boots, she’s ready for that throwback rock concert that has her singing those alt hits from the 90s.
- Worn with a pair of super cute ultra-high rise palazzo pants, our alluring Hermoza would look stunning in her off-the-shoulder tankini, an up do, and some statement earrings.
- To evoke Audrey and Grace, our fave Hermoza muses, tankinis are totes gorge with a full, A-line midi skirt with pockets. Nothing says refined chic better than the vintage inspiration we love to draw from the 1950s and 1960s.
- Believe it or not, your tankini is perfect post-workout. Combined with a pair of track pants or leggings, our active Hermozas are winning the gym game with a slimming tankini that breaths and wicks better than a basic cotton racerback tank.
- We are here for a comfortable and good quality tankini that slides right into street style under a bomber jacket, with a pair of tailored above-the-ankle slacks and some strappy heels. Who is she even at that art gallery opening wearing her sometime summertime swimwear for a perfect night out on the town? We love that for her!
Wearability is completely in the eye of our Hermozas. They are pushing fashion forward with brave and innovative combinations that are making all kinds of magic. These exquisite women are intuitive and have us certain that reimagining women's swimwear is a win-win for the slow fashion movement and for our peace of mind. You’ve finally found a line of investment-worthy swim and resort wear. Why would you ever limit yourself to enjoying it just for a few months out of each year? Because, haven’t you heard: flattering, feminine fit is for forever.