Swimsuits for Pear-Shaped Figures
Narrower shoulders, a smaller bust, defined waist with a wider lower body than upper body.
Bathing Suits for Pear-Shaped Figures
Picking the best bathing suit for pear-shaped figures can be tricky. Why? Because you need to find a one-piece or bikini for pear shapes that flatters your silhouette. The best way to do this is by playing up the top of the body while drawing the eye away from the bottom.
Hermoza is here to help! We have a variety of comfortable and fashion-forward swimsuits for pear-shaped bodies that will help you feel fabulous when it’s time to head to the beach or pool this summer.
Here’s all you need to know about choosing the perfect bathing suit cut and style for your unique body type.
What is a Pear-Shaped Body?
A “pear-shaped” figure (also known as the “triangle shape”) describes a body silhouette that is wider at the bottom and narrower at the top. Women with pear-shaped bodies typically have:
- Shoulders that are narrower than hips
- A proportionately heavier bottom frame, with hips and upper thighs that are wider than shoulders and chest
- A small or medium bust size
- A curvy bottom and nipped waist.
Tips for Choosing Swimsuits for Pear-Shaped Women
Since women with this type of body shape are fuller on the bottom than on the top, the trick to finding the perfect one-piece swimsuit or bikini for pear-shaped figures is focusing on styles and cuts that balance out the proportions by downplaying the bottom and accentuating the top.
Here are three expert tips for choosing the right bathing suits for pear-shaped silhouettes:
- Draw attention to your top half with statement necklines like tiered ruffles or off the shoulder cuts. Bold prints or embellishments on top that contrast with solid, dark colors on the bottom also help add volume and curves to your shoulders and bust. This will help even out your proportions.
- Downplay your hips and thighs with a flattering dark bottom that minimizes this area and lets your top half take center stage. A skirted bottom, high-waisted brief, or vertical stripes or color blocks are all design tricks that force the eye upward.
- Accentuate your waistline with a belt or tie accent that will provide a flattering midsection nip. A waist-level transition between a bold pattern or color on top and a black or neutral bottom also emphasizes this feminine hourglass silhouette.
What are the Best Bathing Suits for Pear-Shaped Women?
There are no perfect bodies, but there are perfect swimsuits for a pear-shaped body. At Hermoza, we understand that you want to feel fabulous no matter what your size or shape. With that in mind, here are our most flattering one-pieces and bikinis for pear shapes that combine all-day comfort with designs that run from trendy to timeless to complement your personal style.
Elegant and Timeless
Genevieve One Piece
A high halter neckline draws the eye up while a side-tie sash cinches the waist to create a contoured hourglass shape, minimizing the hips and thighs.
Elizabeth One Piece
Bold vertical stripes on top, a black high-waisted faux-tankini bottom, and a side-slung sash at the waist make this the perfect pear-busting combo.
Leonor One Piece
The strapless, bandeau-style top with crisscrossed back detailing emphasizes the top of this streamlined one-piece suit, while the classic cut bottom receives less attention.
Retro-chic style informs this tankini, the perfect “bikini for pear shape” stand-in. Vertical decorative stitching details and an eye-catching square neckline make the tankini top the star.
Bold and Beautiful
Emily One Piece
Striking vertical color blocks elongate the silhouette while the shirred central panel accentuates the cinched waistline to bring out the most balanced proportions.
Leigh Ann One Piece
Three tiers of pretty ruffles around the neckline add volume to create a balance between your top and bottom curves. The classic cut bottom and tummy control at the waistline go a step beyond to downplay a full hipline.
Marisa One Piece
A classic tank with a twist-up-top: a squared-off neckline and shirred bust will focus attention away from the bottom half. Colorful prints and trendy solids also lend a hand in balancing out your proportions.
Bathing Suits for Pear-Shaped Women: Styles to Avoid
The best swimsuit for pear-shaped figures out your proportions but the worst will call even more attention to an imbalance between your shoulders and hips.
Check out our three tips to help you avoid the worst bathing suits for pear-shaped bodies:
- Avoid one-piece swimsuits or bikinis that include ruffles, embellishments, side-ties, or other details that add volume around your hips and thighs, including horizontal stripes and prints.
- Rather than covering your curves with sarongs that may draw more attention to your bottom half, go with a cut or style that complements your full figure like high waistlines and full bottom coverage.
- Bypass bathing suits with boring tops. If your eyes are immediately drawn away from that bland scoop neckline, this is not the suit for you.
Shop Our Collection of Pear-Shaped Bathing Suits
At Hermoza, we know that women come in all shapes and sizes! Shop our curated selection of one-piece bathing suits and tankinis specially designed to flatter your figure so you can relax at the pool or beach while looking your best.