Push-Up Bathing Suits: The Latest Lifting Styles and Trends
You may have generous curves on top that need a bit of extra lift or a smaller bustline that would benefit from a boost to even out the proportions of your figure. Either way, push-up bathing suits are the perfect solution.
Push-up swimwear uses cleverly hidden padding, underwires, or structured designs to add support and definition to your bustline, flattering your silhouette in a subtle, sophisticated way so you look and feel fabulously feminine.
If you’re considering a push-up swimsuit this season, read on for our in-depth guide to the latest styles and trends.
Reasons We Love Push-Up Bathing Suits
Women's push-up swimsuits are a hot trend in swimwear, which is no surprise given the body-sculpting magic these sneaky suits work on the bustline. Much like push-up bras, push-up bikini swimsuits offer benefits for any size bust. If you wear a large cup size, the underwire and/or body sculpting fabric provide the foundation you need to avoid uncomfortable sagging. If you wear a smaller cup, a padded bathing suit offers enough lift to trick the eye, evening out your proportions between bust and hips.
Push-Up Bathing Suit Styles
When you think about push-up bathing suits, bikini tops are probably what immediately comes to mind. But a growing number of push-up swimwear are one-pieces and tankinis, pairing the flirty, flattering effect of a padded push-up swimsuit with the confidence-boosting coverage of a one piece. Here are a few non-bikini push-up swimsuit options:
- Tankini - A tankini packs the punch of a push-up bikini but offers more coverage for a modest yet fun-loving look. Hermoza’s Tiffany Tankini, for example, has a built-in bra for extra support and lift on top. The coordinated Tiffany bottom is ideal if you are looking for a high waisted push-up swimsuit.
- Halter - The halter neckline has push-up action built into the design, which naturally lifts and supports the bustline with a closure behind the neck. Our halter one-piece Genevieve and Marilyn styles also feature the added support of shelf bras and moldable cups.
- Bandeau - You may be surprised to learn that even a strapless bathing suit top can give your bust a boost. Our Carrie and Regina one-pieces have striking straight-cut bandeau necklines hiding a built-in bra to keep you lifted even without straps.
Latest Trends in Push-Up Bathing Suits
If you want to stay stylish even at the beach but long for the extra lift and support of a push-up, you’re in luck. These flattering suits now come in a wide variety of trendy styles that range from fun and flirty to sophisticated enough for the most fashionable pool party.
- Pretty prints - Feminine florals, bold geometrics, fiesta tropicals, elegant stripes: prints are in this year, and there is one to fit any style. Take a look at our Romantic Bloom and Ditsy prints if you tend towards pretty botanicals, Geo Guatape and Las Palmas for eye-catching colors, or the timeless Elizabeth one piece for vintage-inspired stripes.
- Fun straps - As long as you’ve invested in a push-up to flatter your bustline, you may as well keep the attention up top with striking straps. Our Jacklyn and Natalie one pieces have pretty ruffles along the straps, while the Becca and Barbara styles feature contrasting bow ties at the top of the shoulder.
- Ruffles everywhere - Ruffles add a bit of fun to any style suit, and push-up bathing suits are no exception. We love the feminine feel of ruffles on both the straps and necklines of our suits, including the gorgeous Toni, Vanessa, and Katie one-piece designs.
- Flirty necklines - The push-up is a flirty detail, so it follows that the rest of the suit should have a dash of spice. From a push-up plunge bathing suit to straight-cut bandeau tops, you can find a number of “hello there” necklines this year. Our off-one-shoulder Johanna adds the extra flair of a square buckle on the single strap, while our Julianna and Toni necklines feature dramatic cuts that leave both shoulders bare.
Push-Up Bathing Suit Alternatives
You may want the shape-enhancing effect of push-up bathing suits but are reluctant to commit to an actual push-up top. Don’t worry, the perfect swimsuit is out there! The best push-up swimsuit for you may not be a push-up at all. You can reap the benefits of a push-up without the extra padding or underwire by trying a number of alternative styles and designs.
- Halter neckline - With adjustable straps that tie or fasten behind the neck, a halter neckline is a great way to get extra lift without any hidden padding. Our Marilyn one-piece has all the boost of a push-up, with extra perks like a built-in bra and Hollywood diva-inspired style.
- Corset style with built-in bra - Corset-style tops offer extra structural support, while a built-in bra provides lift without padding. Hermoza’s Regina one piece combines these two tricks for a touch of push-up “va va voom."
- Shapewear - Many swimsuits use elastic shapewear fabric to support and smooth the silhouette, which also lifts the bustline. Our Tiffany tankini combines structured shapewear with a built-in bra for a subtle boost where you need it.
Hermoza offers a wide selection of trendy one-piece swimsuits and tankinis, offering subtle push-up benefits without sacrificing comfort or sophistication. Shop our upscale swimwear collection online or contact us for more information about choosing a style that will provide the lift and support you are looking for.