How Do Swimsuit Sizes Work?
One of the most frustrating things is picking out a women's swimsuit only to find out it doesn’t fit properly. It’s best to follow a brand’s swimsuit sizing chart to ensure you’ll receive the size that’s most flattering. How do swimsuit sizes work? They are based on your bust, waist, and hip measurements. If you’ve never had your bra size taken, it’s easy to do on your own.
How to Measure for a Swimsuit
- Bust: Measure under your arms at the fullest part of your bust, and keep the measuring tape level across.
- Waist: Hold the measuring tape comfortably loose and measure around your natural waistline. The waist is the narrowest part of the body between the ribs and hips.
- Hip: Stand with your feet together and measure around the fullest part of your hips to get a more accurate measurement.
- Torso: Measure from your shoulder between your legs to loop back up to the start of your shoulder.
It’s a good idea to take your measurements at least once a year to account for any potential changes. Match your measurements to the size that correlates. If you are between two sizes, consider how you want your swimsuit to fit. While you want it to be snug to your body, you don’t want anything that’s too tight, which can be a hassle and an uncomfortable experience.
Also, consider shopping for swimsuits based on the cut that works well with your top and bottoms body type. Do you have a curvier shape or a more athletic build? Do you have a shorter or longer torso top? In addition to your actual bust, waist, and hip measurements, knowing your body shape is helpful as you figure out your swimsuit size. This may differ from the size you normally wear for other clothing. Rely on the measurements to guide the way.
Lastly, keep in mind, swimsuits sizes may vary depending on the brand as well. Modest swimwear crafted with less quality fabric often shrink over time and aren’t typically made with stretchable materials. Fortunately, all Hermoza swimsuits are constructed of luxurious, breathable, and comfortable fabrics. They help to shape, sculpt, and move with your body rather than restricting it. For elegant and modest coverage, there’s a swimsuit size piece that is well-crafted just for you.
Selecting the Right Size by Swimsuit Collection
Each of our swimsuit collections ranges in sizes and have unique fabrics that differentiate one from the other. All swimsuits are accessible and embrace all body types. However, there are certain styles that may fit better to one specific shape over the others. To narrow down the many options, start by comparing the collections. Hermoza suits can range from sizes 2 to 18.
- The Movement Collection is suitable for active women who require less support. The swimsuits have a blend of fabrics with a four-way stretch to feel soft and smooth against the skin. The styles are designed to move from land to water and activity to activity in an effortless experience. In many cases, they are well-suited for Rectangular body shapes.
- The Sculpt Collection speaks for itself and will refine the natural shape of the body by using soft, compressive fabrics for support. The classic styles from this collection offer a timeless appeal and comfortable fit, ideal for Apple or Hourglass body types.
- Similar to the attributes of the Sculpt Collection, the Shape Collection helps to achieve a beautiful silhouette thanks to the lightweight, Italian fabrics and well-crafted cuts. Generally speaking, Pear body shapes benefit most from swimsuits in this collection and swim pieces. Choose from a halter top, one-shoulder, or thicker tank straps for the design that fits your style.
- Finally, the Protect Collection is ideal for nearly any occasion, activity, and body type. The special recycled fabrics from this collection provide UPF 50+ sun protection and feel like a second skin, which gives the term “full coverage swimsuit” a whole new meaning.
While the swimsuit size chart comparisons are used as a shopping guide, the details of each swimsuit are what makes it unique. As summertime approaches or you will start planning your next beach vacation or spa stay, and there’ll be less wondering about how a swimming suit size chart works or what size swimsuit do I wear. It’ll be more about finding the ideal swimsuit that makes you feel confident and carefree. Comfort and coverage never have to be compromised for style and sophistication when you start with a well-crafted suit.
Now that you know how easy it is to take your own measurements, be rest assured that you’ll find the perfect size. No more guessing or hoping a swimsuit fits. It makes the selection process much easier when you start with the basics.
- Take your torso measurements or have someone measure your torso for you
- Compare your measurements to the swimsuit size guide
- Identify your body shape and the areas you’d like to accentuate
- Find a collection that provides the most flattering fit
After that, browse all the styles and colors that catch your eye and choose from there. The right perfect swimsuit leaves you feeling good whenever you wear it. It’s not only about how it looks but how it feels when you have it on. By determining an accurate size, it can make a difference in how you embrace swimsuit season and love what you wear.
Besos, Marisa and Tiffany